One Of My Family’s Top Favorite Dessert Bar Recipes
This dessert recipe is one of those recipes that I worked out in my head as I was looking through my food cabinets for something sweet to make. My very first thoughts were something along the lines of Chocolate Turtles, however, I did not want to put that much work and effort into it. After a few days of thinking about it I whipped these up. These dessert bars is super simple to make and will soon become one of your family’s favorites. Make them out for your next family get together or holiday party and watch them disappear.
Chocolate Carmel Peanut Butter Pecan Dessert Bars
1 1/2 lbs. Chocolate Bark
1 1/2 C. Caramel
1/2C. – 1 C. Peanut Butter
1 1/2 C. Pecans (Whole or Crushed)
2 tsp. Vanilla
2 T. Milk (I used almond milk)
Aluminum Foil or Parchment Paper
- Line your pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. This will make it easier to pop the dessert bars out of the pan.
- Melt the chocolate bark – I recommend you follow the directions on the package of chocolate bark you have. After the chocolate has melted mix in your vanilla. Place your pan in the freezer for about 10 min.
- Warm up your almond milk in a sauce pan on low to medium. Add your caramel. Stir continuously until all the caramel has melted. Immediately spread across your chocolate. Place in freezer for 10-20 min. or until the caramel has set.
- Once caramel has set spread your peanut butter on top of the caramel.
- Spread your pecans across the peanut butter and press into the peanut butter.
- Place in freezer for 30-40 min. – I add this step because I have found it is easier to break or cut it into bars.
Notes: If you choose to leave out the peanut butter you will want to add your pecans right after you spread your caramel. This will help set the two ingredients together.
If you want your dessert bars to have a common size I have found using a pizza cutter is helpful to achieve this.
Looking For Recipe Cards or A Meal Planner?
We Love To Hear From Our Readers
Let us know in the comments if you have made this delicious dessert and tag us with your pics on Instagram. Use the hash tag:
Or upload it to our Facebook Page.
YouTube automatically depreciates video quality. To watch my videos in 1080p HD click the settings button on the bottom right of the video. Then click “Quality” to choose the video quality you prefer to watch in.